I recently read how people were going bananas for Trader Joe’s Tahini Green Dip. Since I live in Canada and we do not have a TJs, I felt totally left out. I LOVE tahini and I want to enjoy this dip too! So I turned to the trusty internet, Googled the product and voila! There was the list of ingredients. Of course the measurements are not there so I totally winged it and since I have not tasted the original version I have no idea how it compares.
But what I do know…it tastes amazing!
I also read that the Trader Joe’s will be discontinuing this product so if you love it, what better time than now to make it yourself!The base of this dip is tahini, which is made from ground hulled sesame seeds. It’s one of those things I always have in my fridge, I buy it by the tub 😀 I mostly use it in salad dressing for a nice creamy texture.
This dip is so fresh and flavourful. The great thing about making it yourself is you can adjust the herbs to your liking, it’s super versatile!This recipe is perfect for dipping your favourite veggies in and would be awesome with crackers or even as a sandwich spread. Move over avocado toast, here comes green tahini toast 🙂
- Yields 2 cups
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil*
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 3-5 fresh mint leaves
- 3 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- S&P to taste
- Water to thin as needed (about 1/4 cup)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with your favourite veggies or crackers.
- *It's best to use a neutral tasting oil.
- 148 Calories, 3g Carbs, 2g Fibre, 1g Net Carbs, 13g Fat, 5g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.