I haven’t posted a vegan dish in a while, it was time! I love this creamy roasted red pepper pasta for so many reasons:
1. It’s ready in 30 minutes
2. It’s gluten-free and vegan, while still being low-carb (depending on the veggie you spiralize)
3. It’s versatile, if you don’t like spiralized veggies, swap for your favourite gluten-free pasta
4. It’s oh-so creamy!True confession: I’ve never roasted red peppers. I know, crazy! There is something magical that happens when you roast a red pepper. It releases a ton of flavour and adds a delicious creaminess to this sauce. So don’t leave this step out. If you really want to save time you can roast the peppers the day before and keep them in the fridge.I decided to spiralize butternut squash but I think it would be awesome with zucchini, sweet potato, turnip or add your favourite pasta noodles instead. The sky’s the limit!
- 1 butternut squash, about 500g
- 2 whole red peppers, about 225g
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- S&P to taste
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 whole avocado, quartered and sliced
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Place red peppers on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once they have begun to char, remove from oven and cover with tin foil to allow them to steam for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large frying pan and saute the shallots and garlic for about 3-5 minutes then set aside.
- Peel and spiralize the butternut squash. Set aside.
- Once peppers have cooled, peel the charred skin and remove the seeds.
- Add peppers, shallots, garlic, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, S&P and miso paste to a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan and add the butternut squash noodles. Sprinkle with more S&P.
- Cook for a few minutes just until they begin to soften.
- Add red pepper sauce and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado and chopped parsley.
- 240 Calories, 23g Carbs, 3g Fibre, 20g Net Carbs, 16g Fat, 5g Protein, 6g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.