A couple of weeks ago I shared a recipe for sugar-free dried cranberries. I loved them so much I had to make two batches! Besides just wanting to eat them by the handful, I decided to add them to a new protein bar recipe.
I used my favourite protein powder, Nuzest Clean Lean Protein, in strawberry flavour but chocolate or vanilla would work well in this recipe too. (Scroll down below to see how you can get 25% OFF!)
The key to these Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bars is pressing the dough firmly into the pan before baking. I find cooking with coconut flour can result in a crumbly bar but these turned out quite well.
These protein bars make the perfect pre-workout snack, although I find myself having them before AND after the gym – they’re that good! If you want to make them even more low-carb you can substitute the maple syrup with a low-sugar sweetener like Swerve or xylitol.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
- 1/4 cup raw nuts (I used pecans)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut flour and protein powder and mix well.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips and cranberries to a blender or food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. The mixture will be a bit crumbly, you can add more almond milk so the mixture is not too dry.
- Press firmly into the pan. This step is important so the bars don't crumble when you cut them.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
- 118 Calories, 9g Carbs, 4g Fibre, 5g Net Carbs, 7g Fat, 5g Protein, 4g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your !ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
There’s still time to get 25% OFF your first order with Nuzest.
Use coupon code HHF at checkout.
Click here to shop now, but act fast, this deal won’t last long!
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be able to provide you with content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, I will receive a small referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep The Happy Health Freak running and allows me to keep offering FREE content to you. I will never endorse a product I don’t try myself and love. Thank you!