Even though the weather outside is still frightful you can dream of summer days with this light refreshing salad.
I know it may be the dead of winter, but my body is telling me I need salad! Maybe I’m slacking on the greens lately. I tend to stick to root veggies throughout the winter, but something came over me the other day where I just HAD to have a giant salad! This recipe really hit the spot.
The sweetness from the strawberries is a perfect way to add flavour without the extra carbs and sugar since strawberries are the lowest in sugar out of all the berries.
I amped up the fats by adding hard boiled eggs and avocados. I think goat or feta cheese would have been awesome, but I’m trying to stay away from dairy more diligently since I had a pretty bad allergic reaction (I think) to it last week. But if you can tolerate cheese, by all means throw it on top!
I used my spiralizer to make ribbons with the zucchini, if you don’t have one – what the heck are you waiting for?!?!…jkjk…you can use a carrot peeler to create the same effect.
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized (200g)
- 1 celery stalk (100g)
- 1/4 cup red onions, sliced (40g)
- 1/3 cup strawberries, sliced (50g)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 avocado (60g)
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup strawberries (50g)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp xylitol (or honey)
- *I prefer to double the recipe for the dressing as it is easier to blend in my blender.
- Divide the salad ingredients into two large bowls.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad.
- 288 Calories, 19g Carbs, 7g Fibre, 12g Net Carbs, 21g Fat, 12g Protein, 8g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.