Don’t you love when your food doubles as a serving vessel?! Lettuce wraps, spaghetti squash boats, potato skins and these…stuffed avocados.
Avocados are one of my favourite foods and I always have them on hand to add healthy fats to my meals, but I love when they become the star of the meal.
This recipe makes an awesome lunch. You can whip it together in under 5 minutes with leftover chicken breast. It’s paleo and Whole 30 approved as well as low carb.
I didn’t add any mayo to this chicken salad because the creaminess of the avocado is enough for me and I’m not a huge fan of mayo, but if I were to add mayo it would be this one from Primal Kitchen because it’s paleo, uses cage-free eggs and avocado oil instead of canola oil. Alternatively, you could whip up a batch of your own homemade mayo.
- 1 whole avocado (140g)
- 4 oz chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop flesh into a bowl. Save the avocado skins.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into the two avocado skins.
- 240 Calories, 16g Carbs, 6g Fibre, 10g Net Carbs, 11g Fat, 20g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
Looking for an easy lunch filled with healthy fats? Check out these Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados.… Click To Tweet