I feel like every blog post I’ve written in the last few weeks have mentioned me complaining about how cold it is. Well this one is no different.
*consistency is key*…lol
It has not only been super cold where we live but so DRY!! I have no problem bathing my skin in almond oil before bed and exfoliating with my dry brush in the morning, but one place I’ve been neglecting are my lips. They have been so dry and cracked lately it ain’t pretty. Lip balm just isn’t cuttin’ it no more! I need a serious exfoliator.
Lucky for me (and you!) lip scrubs are super easy to make. It’s simply a combination of sugar and oil and food-grade extracts if you want fragrance. I have been applying this every day for the past 5 days and have noticed a huge difference.
It’s really important to use high quality organic ingredients, after all this will be going directly onto your lips. Oh did I mention it’s also completely edible? You’ll have a hard time not wanting to lick the stuff off!
- Fills one 30g container
- 2 tsp raw organic honey
- 2 tsp organic almond oil
- 1 tsp raw organic sugar (any type will do but brown and coconut are my fave)
- 1-2 drops pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to an empty (clean!) lip balm container with a tight lid.
- For daily use, apply scrub to lips in a circular motion, leave on for 1-2 minutes then wipe away with a damp washcloth.
- You should notice a difference immediately but after a few days pucker up and test it out on someone you love and see what they think 😉