It’s week two of my no-cheat treats and this one is another Christmas classic ~ peanut butter balls! The great thing about this recipe is you can substitute any nut butter, almond, cashew or even sun butter would work great!
I feel like Christmas is truly not complete without peanut butter balls.
Chocolate + peanut butter = blissThe fact that these are no-bake also top the list of must-make-Christmas-recipes because ain’t no body got time for hours in the kitchen over the holidays. I want to get in, get out with a glass of wine in hand and a tasty no-cheat treat, ammiright?!
These PBBs have simple ingredients and are gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and vegan! Indulgence never tasted so good.
- 1½ cups salted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and divided
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons powdered xylitol or Swerve
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp softened peanut butter + 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp salted peanuts, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and stevia.
- Add chopped peanuts and powdered sweetener and mix well.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using about 2 teaspoons of mixture, roll into 18 balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a double boiler (or microwave), melt the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil until smooth.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate until coated.
- Return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Optional Garnish: mix 1/2 Tbsp softened peanut butter with 1/2 Tbsp water, drizzle over peanut butter balls and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 146 Calories, 7g Carbs, 4g Fibre, 3g Net Carbs, 12g Fat, 5g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
Next week I’ll have a super easy last minute HEALTHY almond bark recipe for you!