I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! We had a nice time at home, just the two of us. The hubbs was working so I made our turkey dinner on Boxing Day – you have to fit your lifestyle around the shift workers! We were lucky though to have turkey dinner twice, thanks to our neighbours. Being an RCMP wife means spending a lot of time with other members and their families because they become your family!
We’ve been out west now for over 7 years while our entire families are back east. It’s really hard this time of year being away from family; one of these days we’re hoping to get a little closer to them but until then you have to make the most of your time off together and carry on with your own traditions 🙂 We have had some nice days off relaxing, watching Christmas movies, playing board games and hanging out with friends.
2017 is just a few days away…crazy, isn’t it?! One of our favourite things to do on New Year’s Eve is have a bunch of appies, open up some champagne, listen to music and wait tor the countdown! Long gone are the days of spending way too much money on a night out on the town. We’d much rather stay in and make our own little party or head out to a house party. If you’re doing the same thing then these Buffalo Turkey Meatballs will be sure to be a hit!
They take no time to roll up, bake in the oven and you’re out the door (or in the door in your comfy clothes like me!) They are low-carb, gluten-free and the perfect size to snack on all night. I love the tanginess of the blue cheese dipping sauce, it has just the right amount of kick to it and pairs perfectly with the meatballs.
So let’s get rolling…
- (makes 24 meatballs)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Roll into 24 balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove meatballs from oven and serve with dipping sauce.
- 186 Calories, 2g Carbs, 1g Fibre, 1g Net Carbs, 11g Fat, 20g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.