What do you do when your awesome neighbours give you a giant bag of fresh pears from their pear tree? Make pear crumble! I mean, a healthy salad. (OK, full disclosure, I made the pear crumble first, then decided I should make a salad – it’s all about balance folks)
Blue cheese and a tangy dressing goes perfectly with the sweet pears. I added avocado and walnuts for extra healthy fats because everyone knows #fatsarewhereitsat.
This salad can be whipped up in minutes with simple fresh ingredients. If you’re a meat eater, it would be amazing with grilled chicken on top.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 medium pear, sliced (about 150g)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (about 75g)
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp shallots, diced
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Divide up the salad ingredients into two bowls.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well (with the lid on of course!)
- Drizzle over salad.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 416 Calories, 25g Carbs, 9g Fibre, 16g Net Carbs, 35g Fat, 9g Protein, 11g Sugar
- Please Note: Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.