I have a whole slew of smoothie recipes (you can check them out here!) but I am totally new to the world of smoothie bowls. Yes, BOWLS! I know it’s not new to most of you but in case you didn’t know, a smoothie bowl is basically like the big sister (or brother) to a regular smoothie. It’s generally more nutrient dense, higher in calories and meant to keep you fuller longer than a regular smoothie. It’s also thicker and creamier and basically feels like you’re eating ice cream for breakfast. Amazing, right?!
Having it in a bowl allows you to eat it like a meal taking the time to stimulate digestion rather than slurping back a big smoothie. I find it’s easier on my belly this way.
I took it a step further by adding a scoop of Healthy Skoop Plant-Based Greens Blend. I used the Sweet Greens flavour. This stuff is amazing! It has a hint of sweetness without the added sugar which makes it perfect for smoothies/smoothie bowls. Each scoop has 6 servings of fruits and veggies along with probiotics for gut health and adaptogenic herbs that boost energy, provide mental clarity and reduce stress. Basically, it’s a whole pile of awesomeness in one little scoop.
- 1/2 frozen banana (50g)
- 1-2 cups spinach (30-40g)
- 1/2 avocado (75g)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop Healthy Skoop Plant-Based Greens Blend
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Nut butter
- Fresh berries
- Add all of the ingredients for the smoothie bowl to a blender and blend until smooth. The consistency should be thicker than a smoothie. Remember, you'll be eating this with a spoon!
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add your favourite toppings.
- 343 Calories, 27g Carbs, 10g Fibre, 17g Net Carbs, 26g Fat, 3g Protein, 11g Sugar
- Please Note: Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.