Guys!! Today is mine and the hubbs 4th wedding anniversary! We are actually taking off to Cranbrook tomorrow to celebrate (if you wanna follow along on our adventures be sure to check out my Instagram & Snapchat). Before we go I had to share the most delicious cookie recipe for you that are 100% husband approved. And no, he doesn’t just say he likes my recipes to not hurt my feelings. He legit has no issue telling me when he doesn’t like something! After 7 years together honesty is key 😉
I had cooked up a ginormous sweet potato for dinner the other night and had quite a bit left over. I sat there staring at the container of cooked potatoes wondering what to make with them. Cookies! I know that may seem like the last thing you would add to a cookie recipe but trust me, sweet potatoes make the most amazing soft cookies.
These cookies also have no refined sugar and are gluten-free. I added Healthy Skoop Choco-lot protein powder for extra protein. I like to have a couple of these before a workout to give me that boost of energy to power through.
So next time you’re making sweet potatoes for dinner be sure to cook a little extra so you can whip up a batch of these.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potatoes (about 250g)
- 1 medium banana (about 90g)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used this one)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used these)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sweet potatoes, banana, eggs and vanilla to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, but don't over mix!
- In a large mixing bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients in and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add 12 spoonfuls of the mixture to the baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 97 Calories, 14g Carbs, 4g Fibre, 4g Fat, 5g Protein, 5g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be able to provide you with content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep The Happy Health Freak running and allows me to keep offering FREE content to you. I will never endorse a product I don’t try myself and love. Thank you! 🙂