Can you believe this is the first cocktail recipe I have posted on my blog in over THREE YEARS?! What the H? I suppose with a name like “The Happy Health Freak” I really shouldn’t be promoting alcohol. But I am not fooling anyone if I say I don’t drink occasionally. We all need a little bevvie every now and then, the key is to choose the right kind of drink and to, of course, drink responsibly. We’re all adults we can do that, right? Right?
Well, I’ll admit, these are pretty good and hard to stop at just one!
Unlike traditional mojitos which use simple syrup, I swapped it out for liquid stevia which means these mojitos have no added sugar, just the natural sugar found in the watermelon.
And nothing says summer like fresh watermelon. It’s so juicy and hydrating why not amp it up with a little rum? After all, it’s summer time and the weather is high, you can reach right out and touch the sky…sorry, got distracted by that song. Now it’s in your head…muwahaha. But it’s just so damn catchy and screams summer!
So do these…
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups fresh watermelon, peeled
- 1/4 cup ice
- 6 ounces white rum
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia
- Juice from 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- Lime wedges, mint leaves and watermelon slices for garnish
- Place a mint leaf in each glass and muddle to release the oils.
- Add watermelon, ice and remaining mint leaves to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add rum, stevia and lime juice. Blend once more to combine.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with lime wedges and mint watermelon kabobs.
- Sip, relax, enjoy!
- 144 Calories, 12g Carbs, 1g Fibre, 0g Fat, 1g Protein, 9g Sugar
- Please Note: Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.