We are back from another fabulous trip back east visiting family. I definitely let my diet slack a bit when I’m on vacation. You only live once, you might as well enjoy it!
I did manage to squeeze in a few workouts, but it does feel good to get back home and back into my regular workouts and eating clean.
I was really craving fresh, raw veggies and did not feel like cooking in this heat…did I mention it’s well over 30°C, oh and we don’t have central air.
Luckily, this recipe is raw and therefore it requires ZERO cooking. It’s so easy to throw together, you’ll have a happy full belly without ever breaking a sweat.
Let’s get to it….
- 1 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 cup jicama, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp white miso sauce
- 1 Tbsp water to thin as needed
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped raw peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Combine all of the vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss.
- Add optional garnishes.
- Dish up and enjoy!
- 391 Calories, 33g Carbs, 10g Fibre, 23g Net Carbs, 23g Fat, 15g Protein, 16g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.