Sometimes you’ll have a dessert so decadent you’ll wonder where its been all your life!
Well this is one of those desserts.
If you haven’t tried baking with raw cashews in place of dairy, you really need to jump on the band wagon. It makes the most creamy, silky smooth desserts and will please the vegans and non-vegans in your life. My H totally approved, which again, says a lot because he loves his desserts and rarely likes when I mess around with recipes trying to make them “healthy”.
This dessert is easy to make and no-bake! My kind of recipe 🙂 Whip this up for your next dinner party and you’ll be sure to knock their socks off!
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup medjool dates, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 25-30 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, or 3 Tbsp sweetener of choice
- Pinch of salt
- *Optional ~ orange slices & vegan chocolate chips for garnish
- Grease a 9 inch spring-foam pan with coconut oil.
- Drain and rinse the nuts and dates that soaked overnight.
- For the crust, add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix well. Press into bottom of pan. Refrigerate.
- For the filling, add all of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to firm up.
- Garnish with orange slices and chocolate chips.
- Slice up and enjoy!.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated
- 218 Calories, 33g Carbs, 10g Fibre, 23g Net Carbs, 30g Fat, 10g Protein, 11g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.