Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! While I have expressed my true feelings about V-Day I do enjoy a bit of chocolate and spending time with my love, but how is that different from any other day ammi right? But for reals, I usually make the hubbs (and me!) a little something.
He loves PB and chocolate almost as much as I do. These tasty treats are SO much better than those store bought ones. They are low in sugar, vegan, full of healthy fats and made with REAL ingredients – I am still on the JERF Challenge after all 🙂
They will be sure to impress your loved one, or keep them all to yourself and enjoy them with a glass of wine in the tub…I won’t judge!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream*
- 1/3 cup natural peanut or any nut butter (no sugar added), softened
- 1 bar 85% or higher vegan dark chocolate (approx. 86 g) I used this one
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone liners.
- Melt coconut oil, coconut cream, chocolate and cocoa powder in a double boiler or bain-marie.
- Once melted, stir in vanilla and stevia.
- Fill liners with half the mixture. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Make sure the nut butter is softened. I like to microwave mine for about 20-30 seconds.
- Divide the nut butter among the 12 cups. Return to the freezer for another 5-10 minutes. remaining chocolate mixture on top and refrigerate.
- Pop out of the molds and devour! Keep these in the fridge as they will melt at room temperature.
- *Some stores carry coconut cream in the can, if you can't find it simply place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. The hardened cream on top is coconut cream. There will also be liquid in the bottom which you can save for later use in smoothies, baking, etc.
- 175 Calories, 5g Carbs, 2g Fibre, 3g Net Carbs, 17g Fat, 3g Protein, 1g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
Do you need more chocolate in your life? Check out these recipes…