I have a confession. This is my first time ever buying and seeding a pomegranate! Why? Because every time I passed by these gorgeous foreign fruits they terrified me! Well not like this creepy Santa terrifies me…
But more like “How the heck do I cut you open and get the seeds out?!” kind of terrifying.
So, I bit the bullet and bought one because I wanted to reap all those amazing antioxidant benefits. I looked up a few ways to easily get the seeds out and the first method I tried worked amazing! You score the pomegranate in half, pull it apart, then whack the outer shell with a wooden spoon over a bowl so all the seeds fall out. Easy! Just be sure not to wear your favourite shirt because the juice stains and sprays everywhere.
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-8 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed (you will have leftover seeds)
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla and stevia to a small bowl. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To get the layered effect, transfer half the pudding to a mason jar, add about 2 tablespoons (25g) of the pomegranate seeds. Add remaining pudding, then another 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- This is a thick pudding. If you prefer a smoother consistency, substitute half the coconut milk for unsweetened almond milk.
- 403 Calories, 21g Carbs, 9g Fibre, 12g Net Carbs, 33g Fat, 4g Protein, 10g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.