One of my favourite meals that is ready in under 20 minutes is a giant salad. Yup. A huge salad that eats like a meal. Elaine gets it…
And not just a bunch of lettuce thrown in a bowl. I like to beef it up with awesome fats like hard-boiled eggs, avocado and nuts. I top it with my go-to favourite salad dressing. And guess what? It’s 100% vegan!
I’m a huge fan of making my own dressings because you can personalize them to your tastes and you know exactly what goes in them. This dressing somewhat resembles a Caesar dressing. It’s thick and creamy (without the cream!), packed with healthy fats that will keep you feeling fuller longer, has zero sugar and is ready in minutes.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Fresh pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp of water as needed to thin out
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Drizzle over your favourite salad fixings.
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container up to 5 days.
- 148 Calories, 3g Carbs, 1g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs, 15g Fat, 2g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.