Once you workout with a heart rate monitor, you’ll never go back, I swear! They are a fabulous tool to track your progress and give you an accurate calorie burn so you know how effective your workouts really are.
I have been using a heart rate monitor for a couple of years now. My first one was a Polar FT40; however, 2 years of use and it has started to fizzle out on me. It was constantly dropping my readings and not performing how it used to. I was in the market for a new one!
I began researching companies online and came across Mio Global. I applied for their ambassador program and was accepted to be a Mio Brand Champion…YAY! This meant I was given free product to test out and share with my fabulous community.
I received the Mio ALPHA 2 Heart Rate Monitor in the mail a short time ago. I was so excited that it was strapless, no more chest straps….that’s just fabulous in my opinion! But how well did it perform?! I have been testing it out for a couple of weeks now; check out my full video review below…(and yes, there are bloopers at the end!)
- EKG-accurate heart rate taken at wrist, with no chest strap required
- Configurable heart rate zones with colored LED light to indicate current zone
- Bluetooth Smart (4.0) connectivity to all your favorite iPhone and Android fitness apps
- Accelerometer-based pace, speed, distance and calories
- Customizable display with easy-to-activate backlight
- Memory holds up to 25 hours of workout data
- Automatic wireless syncing to Mio GO app
- Countdown, chronograph, and repeat timers
- Water resistant to 30m
- It’s strapless!
- Provides accurate heart rate
- Easy to use
- Comfortable to wear
- Syncs easily with other fitness apps
- Tracks distance, pace, calories burned
- I wish you could download the workout data to your PC to track progress over a longer period of time, instead of only 25 hours of stored data
- Currently only comes in size large which does not fit my wrist properly. The website states a small version is being released in May 2015
- Charger cord could be longer
- I wish it had a dual screen to view more than one function at the same time instead of having to click through each one
Overall, I really like the Mio ALPHA 2 heart rate monitor! If you are looking for an all day fitness tracker or sleep tracker, I would look elsewhere. BUT if you are looking for an accurate heart rate monitor that tracks calories burned, distance, pace, then this is the watch for you! Personally, for me I use this for running and weight training. It fully suits my needs and for the price point (retails for $199 US or $219 CAN), you can’t go wrong.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to receive updates on new videos and reviews.
Please note: I did receive this product as part of their ambassador program, however a review was not required. As always, these opinions are 100% my own.