Ahhh can you feel it? Love is in the air! And in your face. Literally. It’s everywhere, the grocery stores, the drugstores, the liquor stores?Yes, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. My husband and I don’t really make a big deal out of it, I mean do we really need another Hallmark holiday just to tell your loved ones that you love them?! Nah. But hey, it is an excuse to make and EAT chocolate!
I thought I would try out making my own sugar-free chocolate, sweetened with stevia. It took me a couples tries. The first batch was a disaster and I ended up wasting so much precious cacao powder and coconut oil…so. very. sad. But alas, I finally came up with a pretty darn tasty version. Now, I will say that this chocolate is more for the dark lovers out there. It has a slight bitterness to it but you can change the levels of stevia to suit your taste.
Not only is this chocolate sugar-free with ZERO net carbs, it’s also vegan, soy-free and gluten-free.
- You will need a silicone or candy mold.
- This recipe makes 30 x 0.3 ounce chocolates, or 9 oz in total.
- 3/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 20-30 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia (more or less to suit your taste)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Almond or mint extract, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts, peanut/almond butter
- In a large measuring or pouring cup, add the cacao powder, stevia, vanilla and salt.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and whisk until fully combined and there are no lumps.
- If you are adding flavour extract, do this now and stir.
- Immediately transfer to the silicone mold.
- Top with optional add-ins such as coconut flakes or nuts.
- If you are making peanut butter cups you will need to do an extra step.
- First, only fill the mold half way and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- Then add a bit of peanut butter to each mold, refrigerate again.
- Finally, top with remaining chocolate and refrigerate one last time.
- Pop the chocolates out of the mold, box up and share with your loved one....or not!
- 116 Calories, 2g Carbs, 2g Fibre, 0g Net Carbs, 12g Fat, 0g Protein, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.