I recently had the opportunity to sample and review Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Powder (and one lucky winner will get a chance too!) I was really excited to try Nuzest because it is 100% plant-based and free of additives, preservatives and artificial flavours found in most protein powders. In addition to all that awesomeness, Nuzest is also gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, lectin-free, egg-free, non-gmo, easy to digest, and a complete protein. Pheww! That’s a lot of awesomeness.
So what exactly is in it? Nuzest is made from pea protein isolate and averages 20g of protein per 25g serving, 95 calories and only 1.5g Carbs. It comes in four delicious flavours: rich chocolate, smooth vanilla, wild strawberry, creamy cappuccino as well as unflavoured. Here is a complete list of the ingredients and nutrition content in all their flavours (click photos to enlarge): As for the taste, they are all really good! I think chocolate was my favourite but vanilla and cappuccino were a close second. The texture is nice and smooth; it blends well in smoothies and mixed in yogurt which is my fav evening snack!
- 25g Nuzest Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla would work best)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup full-fat organic coconut milk
- 50g avocado
- 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup ice
- *1/2 Tbsp cacao powder if using vanilla flavour
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
- 404 Calories, 12g Carbs, 6g Fibre, 6g Net Carbs, 31g Fat, 23g Protein, 2g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
AND use the code HAPPYHEALTH to receive 20% OFF your first order!!! Click here to shop now. Coupon is valid until March 15, 2015.
While I was given free product in exchange for this review, these opinions are 100% my own and I would never promote a product I don’t try myself and don’t personally love!