I can’t deny the fact that I have both a sweet and salty tooth. My ultimate favourite snack used to be Crunch ‘N Munch, remember that stuff!?! It was salty popcorn and peanuts covered in caramel. I could eat a whole box of it! Now my tastes have grown up a bit and I got a little smarter in regards to avoiding HFCS and sugar. Thankfully, there are healthier way to curb this craving – insert Keto Salted Chocolate Fudge!
This is a rich, sweet and salty snack that is full of healthy fats (please don’t fear the fats!) and won’t spike your blood sugar. It is creamy and smooth; I know you’ll love it! It would also make a fabulous Christmas gift…if you feel like sharing!
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup non-GMO xylitol (you could add more if you like it sweeter)
- 6 oz unsweetened vegan baker's chocolate (I used Camino)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, xylitol, dark chocolate and vanilla in a bain-marie or double boiler.
- Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it is melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in chopped nuts. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight until firm.
- Remove and cut into squares.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
- 229 Calories, 9g Carbs, 2.5g Fibre, 22g Fat, 3g Protein, 32mg Sodium, 1g Sugar
- **These are large squares and could easily be halved**
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.