I have been meaning to try these cauliflower bites that I’ve seen all over Pinterest but wanted to do a low-carb, keto version . Instead of using flour, I used almond meal and it worked out pretty good!
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
Write a review
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets (mine was just over 600g)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- S&P to taste
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp melted butter, I used Earth Balance
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix almond meal, water, and spices. Start dipping cauliflower into the batter.
- Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes flipping once halfway through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hot sauce and melted butter.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and dip into the hot sauce or brush on with a pastry brush.
- Place them back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Nutritional info per serving
- 132 Calories, 10g Carbs, 7g Fat, 6g Protein, 1g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
The Happy Health Freak http://thehappyhealthfreak.com/