I know it’s been a while since I posted something for all the meat lovers out there – so here it is!
I had leftover wontons that needed to be used up, so I began racking my brain with what I could stuff them with. I had chicken, I had marinara and I had cheese – the wrappers were born!
- 30 wonton wraps
- 12 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 oz cheese, mozzarella or Parmesan or dairy-free
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce + more for dipping
- 1-2 Tbsp Italian spices
- To make life easier, I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours the night before and shredded it the next day.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the shredded chicken with the pasta sauce and spices. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To assemble the wontons you'll need a small bowl of water and a tablespoon for measuring. Dip your finger in water and wet the edges of the wontons.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chicken and top with a small sprinkle of cheese.
- Fold edges over and seal by squeezing the edges together. Continue until you have all 30 wrappers complete.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the edges start to brown, flipping once. Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with a side of warm pasta sauce for dipping.
- 44 Calories, 4g Carbs, 1g Fat, 4g Protein, 50mg Sodium, 0g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.