Hi all! Sorry I’ve been MIA the last few days. I’m back and I have a super fabulous meatless dinner for you! Even my meat-eating husband liked this one 🙂
Moroccan Stuffed Peppers
Write a review
- 4 bell peppers hallowed out with the seeds removed
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Prepare your quinoa. Add 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock to a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F.
- Hallow out your peppers and make sure they stand up, if not, you can trim the bottoms so they sit evenly.
- Place them in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large frying pan, add 1/4 cup of vegetable stock, shallots, garlic, and chickpeas. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add to the frying pan along with the fresh mint, cumin, cinnamon, cloves and S&P.
- Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the raisins, pine nuts and orange zest.
- Scoop the mixture evenly amongst the four peppers.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Nutritional Info for one pepper
- 340 Calories, 53g Carbs, 9g Fat, 13g Protein, 10g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may vary depending on your ingredients. Therefore, it is not always 100% accurate and meant to be used as a reference only.
The Happy Health Freak http://thehappyhealthfreak.com/