Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and I gotta say, I don’t buy into it. I think it’s just another Hallmark holiday to make money off all the love-stricken suckers out there. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not totally cold-hearted, I LOVE love and I adore my husband. We like to think of it as a good excuse to go out for dinner and I take the opportunity to make my man some chocolate treats!
These truffles are creamy, smooth, chocolaty and I bet you won’t stop at just one! But that’s ok, because they are made with pure, simple ingredients that will fool any truffle connoisseur out there – even my husband! I swear you will not know the secret ingredient is avocado that gives it the smooth texture. So whip these up for that special someone in your life…or keep them all to yourself, because you deserve it 🙂
- 6 oz high quality, dark chocolate (two 85g chocolate bars)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp organic cocoa
- 1 packet of stevia, or 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut, sprinkles
- Mash your avocado until there are no lumps, you could also use a blender or food processor to make it extra smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, stevia, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt your chocolate with the coconut oil either in a double-boiler or in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add your avocado mixture and stir well until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator until it sets, but doesn't harden, about 10-15 minutes.
- If it does harden, that's ok, when you roll it into balls the heat from your hands will help melt it.
- Alternatively, you can let it sit on the counter for a bit to soften up.
- Start rolling the mixture into balls; use about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- At this time you can roll it in cocoa, coconut, sprinkles or whatever you like!
- Place on a tray and refrigerate again.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 58 Calories, 5g Carbs, 5g Fat, 1g Protein, 0mg Sodium, 3g Sugar
- Nutritional info is gathered from MyFitnessPal and may not always be 100% accurate. It is meant to be used as a reference only.
Show someone you love them by making a batch of these vegan chocolate truffles. Click To Tweet
Want more chocolate!? Check out these other chocolaty recipes: