Happy Friday everyone and happy first day of March; spring is on its way!!!
Time for another breakfast smoothie recipe. Here’s a little tip for you, buy fresh fruit when they are in season or on sale and freeze them. My freezer is bursting at the seams with frozen fruit. Do you ever buy bananas, they sit on the counter, get all brown, and you toss them?! Well don’t, stop the madness! Before they get too brown, slice them up, freeze them, then use them in smoothies like this one:
- 65g frozen bananas (about 1/3 cup)
- 60g frozen blueberries (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup almond yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 286 Calories, 37g Carbs, 10g Fat, 20g Protein, 16g Sugar, 224mg Sodium