I stumbled across this product through Pinterest or online somewhere and man, am I glad I did! I love this stuff. What is PB2 you ask?? Well it is powdered peanut butter…I know, it doesn’t sound so appealing but don’t knock it ’til you try it.
PB2 is made by a company called Bell Plantation. It is made with high quality roasted peanuts and pressed to remove the oil. It is all natural with no artificial flavours, sweeteners or preservatives. It is nearly 85% less fat calories than full fat peanut butter. It has only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and 1.5g of fat. You mix it with water to create a traditional peanut butter. You can use it in place of peanut butter in most recipes; they have a bunch of amazing recipes on their website. You can stir it in some oatmeal or yogurt, but my favourite way to use it is in smoothies! Check out the recipe below.
You can also get it in peanut butter/chocolate flavour. I’ve tried this one too and to be honest, I think it almost tastes the same! I didn’t notice a chocolate-y flavour to it, but it was still yummy.
So, where do you buy this stuff? Well, I order mine through Amazon.com and have it shipped to the US, since we live in a border town it’s super easy to pop over and pick it up. I know that isn’t the case for many of you, so if you can’t ship to the US, try these websites that ship to Canada:
I also heard there are other companies that make powdered peanut butter, so you may be able to find something similar at a health food store.
- 1/3 cup frozen banana (approx. 60g)
- 1/3 cup Amande Almond Vanilla Yogurt (or any kind of yogurt)
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or any kind of milk)
- 2 Tbsp of PB2 (you could substitute 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder (vanilla or chocolate would be best!)
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 261 Calories, 32g Carbs, 9g Fat, 21g Protein, 13g sugar, 294mg Sodium